Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Making an Office-Before

So, Ben and I wanted to make our 3rd room an office, with desks that our knees could actually fit under, and club chairs that weren't clearly from the heart of the 90's.

We started this in January, I think? So, it's been a long, slow process. We are still not quite finished, but I'm pretty proud of our progress.

I decided to reupholster the chairs my parents gave me. That turned out to be way more involved than I thought, but I'm going to be freaking proud as all get out when I'm finished.
I couldn't have done any of this with out Ben, who made our desks and shelves, and Amanda and Aly, who are helping me redue the chairs and decorate.
Amanda and Aly are just insanely talented at thrifting, redoing, remaking and everything in between and around!

I'll be posting after pictures, and pictures of the chairs in progress, but for now, the pictures are mostly before.



Trying different colors for the wall.





Not sure why I didn't move the 80 blankets and other junk out of the way to take pictures, but it will make for even better "after" pictures.






The Chairs:

Making cushion covers was pretty tedious. The second one fit better, for sure.








I didn't get a good picture of the ottoman before, but it looked just like the chairs, so.

2 comments:

Ken Strong said...

I noticed the T.S. Elliot quote. We should talk some day about time, what it is, what it isn't, whether or not it means anything. It's a topic I've read a lot about and given a lot of thought to. Maybe during our next trip to Pickwick?

Audrey said...

Sounds good. You probably know more than I do! :)
I've always thought it was an interesting/crazy topic, though.