Friday, April 6, 2012

Weighty Thoughts










There are thoughts
That will never make the voyage to my tongue.

There are thoughts
That will never bare phonetic children.

There are thoughts
Trapped in the dungeon of my mind.

Thoughts that are not at home where they lay.
Thoughts that are rusted and faulty.
Thoughts that are not familiar.
That do no trust their maker,
That are not honest with their creator,
That do not understand their place,
That do not even understand themselves.

There are thoughts
that weigh deeply
and deeply wait
patiently not to be.

3 comments:

way said...

I like it, Audrey. And as you probably know, I can relate. That's all we ever write on each other's posts, "I can relate".... it's always a good feeling when you can at least speak of the uncertain thoughts that are never spoken. The ambiguity of these thoughts makes for writer's block, in my situation, but whenever a poem can finally come out of my crowded mind, it makes my mind look pretty simple.... sometimes.

way said...

I especially like the last stanza. Very well-written, indeed you are, be it may. That is my Yoda impression.

Audrey said...

Ha, thanks, Willy. I can relate your comment...jk but really. Thanks for reading and liking and commenting. It's weird how you can connect with people in the feeling of loneliness and therefore not really be lonely.