Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dramatic/Emo

Here's another one I found in my sketchbook from November, 2006. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. It's great/funny/weird to see this stuff now...to revisit it. Thank God for words and the fact that there are an endless possibility of them.


And then I passed my former self, traveling in a portal on a highway of dreams from one-sided, three-way mirrors to monotonic tears of broken glass. I smiled and waved at myself as I swerved into a ditch and centripetally flung myself into a petri-dish in which I grew mold faster than the bread that was broken to save my life.
I turned down my music but didn't stop for myself because the wind had too much of a bite for hanging around to help.
The north wind curled its fingers around my bumper and coaxed me to pedal the metal and high tail it home.
Some people blame it on their arrogant ancestors, slaying their brothers for an acre of soil and a cup of tea. But I like to blame it on Cain, because I was his hand in the tall grass as eyes pierced with disbelief ricocheted right off my heart like an arrowhead from a steel breastplate.

1 comment:

Ethan said...

AND SO DID THIS!!